mandag 29. juli 2013

My parents came to see me! :)

My parents have been visitting me here several times, and actually experienced all the different seasons here. So I´ve really been twisting my brain to find something we could do that they hadn`t tried before! Oh, and they brough me a tonn of food! and fruits!! I got so much Norwegian strawberries, I felt I was gorging in luxury! And they brought the best thing to serve with strawberries (in my opinion!), cream from goatmilk!
This is the best thing I got when I was working as a milkmaid at a mountain dairy near my cabin!Never imagined I would eat that on Svalbard, thank you so much Bjørg and Gunnar!!! I asked Eike again if it would be possible if I could bring them out with her dogs, and lucky enough I could! (yes I know it`s been alot of dog-pictures latly, but I really love these four-legged friends!) One of my closest friends Marie was in town these days two, and she joined us for a "botanical walk" in Endalen. She knows alot about the plants up here (beeing a botanist!), so she was a way better plant-guide for my mom than me :) And I finally got to show mom and dad the only tree living on Svalbard, the Betula nana aka Mountain birch!
I really wanted to show my parents something new, so we got over to Hjorthamn and had a look. This is were the first mines and buildings were originally put up in the area, but most of the buildings burned down long ago. There`s still alot of remains around, going under the "cultural heritage" clause (so not technically garbage).
This time I also found something "new", I hadn`t been inside the smithy-building before.
Terns were still nesting in the area, so we were trying to keep a good distance and not distrub them. They would fly aorund and keep control of were we were, which gives a good opportunity to get some good pictures of them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar