søndag 1. januar 2012

Happy New Years! :D










This New year was amazing!

I started the day with a hike over Platåfjellet, the conditions where great! Stars shining, almost no wind, the snow was wind-packed so great for hiking! We came across 3 reindeers on the top, and a family with kids hiking up to go by slege down again! Otherwise we had the mountain to ourselves :)

I started on the New Years dinner when I got home, the menue this year was: Self-picked chantarelle and self-caught reindeer by Øyunn, served with creamed potatoes with karamelized red onion and vegetables! A spectacular dinner! (If I may say so myself! * Oh, I did!*)

After dinner we went out to the slope of Sukekrtoppen, out of reach for streatlights and enjoyed the fireworks! I haven`t seen Sukkertoppen bathed in so much light since October! (and the last sun beams!) And we welcomed the New Year with a toast of Champagne (or at leasty bubbly white wine) which was a gidt form my mom!

We ended our New year celebration by making awesome sandwiches with home made bread (gift from the Unis librarian :) smoked salmon (brought by my family), scrambled eggs and shrimps, and enjoying the rest of the champagne! We didn`t really feel like students today ;)

Happy New Years everyone! I wish you all an amazing, wonderful 2012!

Hugs, Ida Helene :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar