lørdag 10. september 2011

Kayak trip to Bjørndalen

















A little bit late update this time, suddenly my week just flew by!
Anyways, my first weekend up here I was volunteering for the Quadratlon :) I was mostly cheering for my friends during the competition, but also counting penalty rounds after the shooting-ppart of the competition.

Later that afternoon I joined two guys on a kayaktrip to Bjørndalen, but before we left we were hanging out at a BBQ down at the beach. It got a little late before we took off (but hey, who cares, it didn`t get that dark druning the "night"). So we had an amazing view of the mountains bathing in sunset colours before we took to the water :) It was great being back on the water! And who would have thought that when I arrived the cabin, it was filled with my new kitchen mates! (For some reason I was put in one barrack for about 6 days, before I had to move to the one I´m supposed to stay in for the rest of this semester). A friend from my lat term up here was in the cabin too, turned out I was moving in too her room!

Sunday afternoon we had quite some wind kayaking abck to Nybyen, and when we got back on land we headed straight for the kayakpolo! I´ve really missed playing kayakpolo, so even though I was pretty tired after kayaking agianst the wind, I gave it my best at the polo games too! Haha, and after that I started moving my things in to my new room, I was completly destroyed when "night" came! But it was great to finally settle down, and putting up the drawings and post cards I got from friends on my wall =)

And now I´ve started my course up here, I discovered that we`re going on a scientific cruise for 13 days already next week! That`s gonna be awesome!I am really hoping to catch some Clione/Sea angels for my own samples, I´m getting really eager to start my lab work!

So the pictures I´ve put up now is a mix of the first little kayak trip I had here, the Quadratlon, and the kayak trip to Bjørndalen. I´ve had a few hikes here after that, but I forgot to bring my camera and it`s been pretty grey and wet here anyways.

Oh, and if I´m not updating my blog for a while now, it will be because I´m soon leaving on the cruise, being away for a while, and probably stuck at the lab afterwards.

But! It´s awesome being back again! And I´m so happy that there`s several amazing familiar faces here, and a lot of cool new people! I´m relly glad to be back!

1 kommentar:

  1. såg bra ut detta ide =)
    kjekt å hørra at du kose dg dr oppe. kje stå for lenge på d kjøleromme ditt då... =P

    SvarSlett