torsdag 26. august 2010

Saying goodbye to the midnight sun...


























Wednesday evening a small group and I went up to Sarkofagen to see the first sun set! We had a really nice hike up in the moraine of Larsbreen, and it was so strange to see the glacier so small! And to see how big the moraine area actually is! And for some reason everything looked so much smaller now! Trollsteinen and Larshierta didn`t really look far away, it almost felt like they had been shrinking and moved closer!

When we got up to Sarkofagen we where met by the first pink sun-light I´ve seen up here since the sun started to come back. It was strange to think that at the first night of midnight sun I was standing on Platåfjellet on the other side of the valley, watching the sun over the mountain tops. And now I witnessed the first time it went behind the mountains again... A little bit sad to think that we are going towards darker times now, but luckily there will still be a lot of sun for most of the day any way =)

This hike was my first hike this semester, (yes, I know I´ve been here a while now, but hear me out!), because I´ve been so busy trying to pass my shooting test to be able to go hunting up here... And I am not a bad shooter, but everything that could possible go wrong have been going wrong! ( I will probably tell you the story later...) But Wednesday afternoon I passed the test!!! =D Finally! So while watching the first sun set, I gave a cheers to the sun with a sip of whiskey, celebrating my hard-payed shooting test! (Of course leaving the rifle in the hands of someone else!)

So the day turned out to be a great day, after I had been deadly nervous about the test, and if anything else would go wrong, but I passed, and had a great hike with great friends, saying goodbye to the midnight sun!

1 kommentar:

  1. Wow it looks like you are having fun I wish I was there too! Nice blog I shall be looking at it with interests and envy!

    SvarSlett