lørdag 31. juli 2010

Bird excursion and plant excursion

























Like I mentioned earlier, we had a bird excursion on Friday =) We got to see Barnacle goose, Glaucous gull, Arctic tern, Skua (can`t remember wich), Guillemots, Kittiwakes, 2 different waders, and a few more. It was a successful bird excursion, and believe it or not, but none of us where attacked by the terns!

It would be good to know a little it about the flora we are supposed to study out on the cruise, before we actually go on the boat. So today we had a plan excursion to Endalen, which is the warmest place in Svalbard, where you have a lot of different plants growing. Before we went out we had a small lecture about the plants up here, and it was really nice tog et out and actually see how they looked liked =) And we were pretty lucky with the weather too, so it was great to stay outside!

So on Monday I am leaving on a cruise, and after that we will be pretty busy working with the samples from the cruise and our projects. I am really looking forward to this, I´m going to take a lot of pictures, and I hope to see a lot of cool stuff! So I will tell about the cruise when I get pack again =)

I´m just hoping I won`t be too seasick!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar